Welcome to ShootQ! Managing a business requires a lot of moving parts but the ShootQ studio management system will help you get organized and stay on top of your jobs, clients, invoices, and tasks.
Since ShootQ is highly customizable, you'll want to first get your account set up so that the system runs the way you want it. We recommend following these steps to get started. We also suggest you set up your account a little bit at at time (most studios do not configure everything at once). The more you work with the system, the more comfortable you will become with it.
First, watch the "Account Overview" video to get a broad, birds-eye perspective of how ShootQ works. This will not only acclimate you to the system but also help you understand how the settings you need to configure will function on the website.
Getting Set Up
The next step is configuring your account. We recommend getting the Basic Settings dialed in first. These are the ones you will need in order to book clients and create invoices and contracts. The Advanced Settings will make your life easier, but aren't absolutely necessary to make ShootQ work. All setting configurations can be found under the Settings tab in ShootQ.
- User and Company Information - You'll first want to make add your currency, time zone, date format, a profile picture, company branding, company address, etc. This is important information that will help ShootQ run smoothly for you
- Job Types, Job Roles, and Event Types - Define what types of jobs you do so that when you create a new job you can select the type and stay better organized.
- Contracts - Setting up a contract template will allow you to use the template over and over again for multiple jobs. You can also create multiple templates if necessary.
- Products and Pricing - This is where you can create an inventory of products and services and also build preset, reusable packages.
- Tax Templates - Configure the rates for your invoices.
- Invoice Settings - Add a tax identification number if necessary and choose what will be displayed on your invoices
- Integrating a Merchant Account - This will allow your clients to make payments via credit cards directly on an invoice.
- Add Team Members - Invite additional members to your account, set their permission levels, and define their roles in your business.
- Email Templates - Create re-usable emails for every situation
- Questionnaires - Create re-usable questionnaires to collect information from your clients.
- Proposal Templates - Create re-usable settings and defaults for your proposals
- Payment Schedule Templates - Configure different payment schedules for different job types.
- Discount Templates - Set re-usable discounts which can be selected when creating an invoice or proposal
- Calendar Syncing - Connect your Google, Apple, or Outlook calendars to ShootQ. Other calendars can also be synced.
- Contact Form - Create a contact form(s) for your website or blog which will automatically generate leads in ShootQ when a potential client fills out the form.
If you ever have any questions or need help troubleshooting an issue, feel free to contact our support team. You can reach us via live chat M-F 8am-5pm Pacific time. Our team of ShootQ gurus will be more than happy to help you!